Monday, April 6, 2009

Having a rough time of it. Working six days a week is slowing killing me. Not sure how long I can hold out. Not doing a full spread today - not enough time or mental capacity. Just asked a few questions. Just to keep to my schedule, sort of. Though my Wednesdays will be more difficult, as I am working that day now.

1. Why is it so hard to do? (quitting my job)


Strength
Sometimes things take courage. Not all worthwhile tasks are easy ones. I just need to "buck up" and do what needs to be done.

2. Will I be able to carry the load?(Working the two jobs - 6 day work weeks, til the new job can take me full time)

The Devil
I take that as a no. I see myself chained in this situation, and those chains are dragging me down. This past week - moving into week 2 now - has been hell.

3. How long will/can I hold out?


9 of Wands
I asked the question, but never really worked with timing in readings, so any help on this would be awesome. 9 days? 9 weeks? til the 9th of April?

4. Totally unrelated question: Should I consider moving, for my son's sake?

2 of Wands
I need to think long and hard before seriously considering this.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry I can not help you with your timing. But I think you were dead on about thinking long and hard about moving for your sons sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That depends on how you usually read for timing. Wands is (IMHO) the fastest moving time indicator, so if you're looking at the 9 as the number of units, I'd say 9 days, but it could also be 9 hours... (Air as days/weeks, Water as weeks/months and Pentacles as months/years). Although it is arguable that Air is faster than Fire...

    The way I read for timing is using the astrological correspondences, where the 9 of Wands is the second decan of Sagittarius, i.e. early December.

    If you read the 9 as the ninth of a month, I'd pull another card to see if I'm on the right track for april... Hey, that's only a couple of days away... Listen to your body! If it's telling you to stop, then you need to stop.
    Hope you get some rest and feel better soon. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, interesting reading. I'm afraid I'm not much help with timing either, I've never really worked it out. Although I'd say with the 9 of Wands it's certainly confirmation that you're well and truly over it! One thing I noticed with with the Strength card. You asked why it was so hard to quit the job. The way the sheep and lion are nuzzled together, it makes me think that a part of you is attached to what you are leaving, or that you have a comfortable relationship with it. It kind of looks nice and cozy....compared to the Devil which looks cold and hard. I wonder if you need to let go of the old job emotionally even though you are still working there, perhaps this will make it easier. Sorry, I'm rambling. As for the 2 of Wands....it does look like a waiting type of card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the input everyone. I've never really used timing in readings before, so I am a blank slate here.

    Sapienza, you are seeing the truth in Strength. I was happy in my present job. It will be hard leaving, but the stress of it has been taking quite a toll. Also it has not proven to be financially stable. My hours were cut recently, when things got very slow. This is something that could happen again.

    The new job is with a larger organization. They didn't seem to suffer during this economic down-turn. In fact, as everyone else has been struggling to survive - they've been expanding. Preparing for the new clinic, buying equipment. I think they will be around for the long haul. I need that kind of assurance that my job will still be here.

    Hoping for news today as to when the new job can take me on full time. Then I can get to the business at hand. The actually giving notice and seeing how well that goes over. I may have enough time to train someone, or I may be shown the door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your interpretation will always be more valid, of course, but I would see the Two of Wands in that regards to that question as choosing between two very important matters, and as preparation for change, which to me would indicate a move. To me, he looks like he is contemplating the possibility of travel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm terrible with timing... I've had the Eight of Wands come up at the end of a reading, asking if someone would be in touch. They were - about eight weeks later. The outcomes of my readings generally happen within two to three months, though, so I think that may have been a fluke.

    ReplyDelete